FREE TRANSPORTATION TO THE
V.A. MEDICAL CENTER
(Advance Notice Required)
BE BEWEEN THE HOURS OF
10:00 A.M. AND 2:00 P.M.
(Monday through Friday)
INQUIRE ABOUT VAN
Department of Veterans Affairs
1040 & Wnter St.,, Ste. 2023
Adrian, Mi. 49221
VAN DRIVERS ARE V.A. APPROVED
DAV TRANSPORTATION NEIWORK
Department of Veterans Affairs
1040 S. Winter St., Ste. 2023
Adrian, MI 49221
- Patients are responsible for scheduling VAMC appointments
between the hours of
10:00 a.m. 2:00 p.m. (morning appointments are encouraged) Monday - Friday.
- Give at least two days or more advance notice of the need
to receive a ride to/from the VAMC (Veterans Administration Medical Center).
- Provide us with your telephone number, last 4 numbers of
your SSN, name of clinic that you have an appointment with and time of appointment.
- Failure to contact us with a cancellation or change in
your prearranged VAMC
transportation may result in denial of future fides.
- Arrive at the pickup point on time. Do not make the
driver and other passengers wait for you. You are responsible for getting
to/from the pickup point(s).
- Do not ask the driver to make special trips or stops for
your own personal use.
- Do not expect the driver to lift or attend to medical
needs of a passenger.
- No wheelchairs and/or oxygen tanks.
- Passengers are NOT permitted to smoke, chew tobacco,
drink alcohol, and transport alcohol or illegal substances/weapons.
- Intoxicated/abusive passengers will NOT be allowed to
- No foul language on the van.
- No food, beverages or pets allowed, unless for health
reasons of a passenger.
- Passenger's will not engage in any activity that will
distract the driver's attention.
- Passenger-s MUST wear seat belts at all times. Refusing
to buckle-up will result in a denial to ride.
- The driver may refuse to transport any veteran who feels
too ill to ride.
- Passengers are expected to help keep the van clean by
placing trash in the proper trash receptacle. Notify the driver of any messes that need
attending to. This van was not purchased with your tax dollars, but with donated funds
from various veteran's service origination's and private donors. Let's take care of it;
it's a grateful gift to us all.
- A spouse/companion may ride along if space is
available on the van. When scheduling for transportation, please notify
the office how many will be riding.
- Patients utilizing the DAV van ARE NOT eligible to
receive reimbursement for travel expenses from the VAMC.
- Notify the driver if you are not making the return trip
back to the drop-off point, (reason - being admitted into the VAMC or found another ride
- Make arrangements with the driver as to where and when to
meet at the VAMC to depart. Do NOT make the driver track for you down before leaving. The
driver cannot wait for patients and put other passengers behind schedule. Be on time.
- If during your VAMC visit you need to contact your driver
and cannot find him/her, locate the DAV Transportation Network office (Eric D. Berryman,
DAV Field Service Officer/Hospital Coordinator (734) 761-7596) or VAMC Voluntary Services
(Beverly Leneski, Chief of Voluntary Services (734) 761-7995). Any concerns, questions,
suggestions or comments relating to a driver or the DAV Transportation Network please
contact one of the above people or the Lenawee County Department of Veterans Affairs (517)
- DO NOT PAY THE DRIVER for your transportation nor make
the driver responsible for your personal items.
- The DAV Transportation Network is a privilege, not a
right. Abuse this free service may result in the loss of the privilege.
- Please be courteous and thankful towards your driver -
he/she is a volunteer who is not getting paid to spent time transporting you to/from the
VAMC. "The reason volunteers are not paid, Is not because worthless, but
because they are priceless"
- We are always accepting volunteers interested being
drivers or aids at the VAMC (you do not need to be a veteran to volunteer). Your
assistance is very much appreciated.
- Thank you for using the Lenawee County DAV (Van)
Transportation Network and agreeing to follow the passenger responsibility rules.